Ruben entered law school with a desire to be part of the exciting business climate of the Bay Area during the dot com boom. He believes in the power of enterprise to make a positive impact and finds satisfaction in partnering with businesses to help them achieve their goals.
He also understands the unique real estate environment in the Bay Area that has made property one of the most important assets both for individuals and companies. He works hard to guard client interests in this vital domain.
He attended Santa Clara University School of Law and was awarded a High Technology Law Certificate in addition to his law degree. After beginning his career as a clerk for the US Department of Justice, he practiced at several large law firms in the San Francisco Bay area before founding his own practice.
When he’s away from the office, you can find Ruben hiking the Santa Cruz Mountains and exploring local waterways in his kayak.
He has extensive experience in business and commercial litigation, both at his own practice and working for multinational firms in the Bay Area. He has represented clients in multi million-dollar cases involving:
- Breach of commercial contracts and leases
- Breach of promissory notes
- Partnership conflict
- Securities and investor fraud
- Shareholder/partnership disputes
- Real estate disputes
He has worked with domestic and foreign clients in a wide range of industries, including banking, real estate investment and development, renewable energy and solar, mobile telephony, mobile phone re-manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, and internet commerce.
Ruben has partnered with many clients from Pacific Rim countries, including China and Vietnam, advising them on legal matters related to doing business in the Bay Area.
- Juris Doctor, Santa Clara University School of Law
- High Technology Law Certificate, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Master of Fine Arts, University of Oregon
- Bachelor of Arts, Loyola Marymount University
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Easter District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Symposium Editor, Santa Clara Computer and High Technology Journal
- Law Faculty Scholarship, Santa Clara University School of Law
- J. William Fulbright Scholar, The Netherlands
- Graduate Teaching Fellowship, University of Oregon
- Walther and Nancy Kidd Tutorial Fellowship
- County Bar Association